Hey Students! It’s your favorite teacher, Adriena, from Food is My Classroom here in Midtown Atlanta at Atlanta Breakfast Club (ABC). I found this breakfast spot in walking distance from one of Atlanta’s biggest tourist attractions, The Georgia Aquarium. Get your forks ready as we journey through this breakfast empire!
⭐ The Lesson Plan [Full Review of Experience]
⭐ Background Knowledge:
Anthony Sanders (Executive Chef) & O. Osiris Ballard are Co-Owners of the black-owned parent company, Good Food & Company, and Atlanta Breakfast Club is their “pride and joy.”
⭐ Materials Needed:
- Patience: There is a couple of spots in the front and a few in the rear of the restaurant.
- Cash: There is also paid parking across the street for $10, which is your best bet.
- Comfortable Shoes: You may have to walk a block from the parking garage/paid lots to the restaurant.
- Something to occupy your time: Expect at least a 30-minute wait and up to 2hrs depending on the day of the week and the hour.
- Camera/Cell Phone: Be prepared to possibly run into a news anchor, reporter, politician, well-known pastor, or celebrity for a quick selfie.
⭐ Observation: [The Best of the Day]
-I was so graciously GIFTED the “Paul Biscuit,” affectionately called the “P Biscuit,” by Deonte &Paul to try. It is sooo big and yummy. It is fried chicken, folded eggs, cheese, & bacon on a soft biscuit smothered in warm pepper gravy. The pepper gravy is so darn good. No floury or burnt taste. The bacon is thick cut. The chicken was nicely battered and fried to a crispy perfection. This item was created by Paul, one of the Managers, and is NOT on the menu but can be requested.
-I had the popular Shrimp & Grits. The Shrimp & Grits were AMAZINGLY divine. Creamy white grits, jalepeño gravy (not spicy), gulf shrimp, and chicken sausage (which is where I tasted the heat). The combination of flavors makes for a happy marriage.
-The peach cobbler french toast (half order). This could easily be dessert and the last course, so that’s just what I did! Served with a hot crumble, juicy peaches, vanilla butter, and powdered sugar. The best french toast I have ever had in my entire life. OMG!!!
⭐ The Glows [Pros]
- Location! ABC is located near The Georgia Aquarium, National Center for Civil and Human Rights, and The World of Coca-Cola.
- The staff is super friendly and inviting. It was delightful and felt like being at home.
- My waiter, Ron, greeted me with a smile and made food suggestions. He asked my name and how to spell it so he could remember it. He also checked on me often, and I appreciated the Southern hospitality.
- The food was hot and super yummy.
- They do to-go orders as well and have a specified parking spot for that out front.
- The staff works together, especially when your waiter/waitress is busy.
- As I waited for my meal, I noticed that the food does not sit in the window long. That explains why the food comes out hot.
- Seating is available inside and outside for those who are WAITING to be seated and served.
- A phone system is used upon check-in, and they call your cell phone when your table is ready. So, don’t miss your call.
- I will return soon to try their award-winning Chicken & Waffles.
⭐ The Grows [Cons]
- The parking could be a deal-breaker for some patrons.
- Considering the scale of the restaurant, the restrooms are tiny, with only a couple of stalls.
- Minimal handicapped parking in front of the restaurant with only 1 spot.
⭐Evaluation: [The Score]
Grade A+ (Principal’s List)
- There are a few clubs and businesses around that may have empty lots depending on the time of day, but DO NOT park there. Pay to park! Police officers are continually writing tickets.
- Deonte, Manager of Digital Marketing, would love to hear that you’re visiting on my recommendation. He and Paul treat everyone like a celebrity.
- They are quite proud of their trophy on display from the Marriott Invitation where they placed 2nd in a golf tournament this year (2019).
- Darrell, who is listed on their IG page as Artistic Cousin, created a mural that is on display in memory of Chef Anthony’s mother, who died a few days ago. (June 2019). The mural is so dope!
⭐ Feedback [Comment & Share]
Thanks so much for tuning in! Hope you all enjoyed this review! Don’t forget to FOLLOW to keep up with our weekly posts!